Smart Columbus is Coming to City of Gahanna
Test drive electric vehicles and learn more about Smart Columbus. Together, let's transport our city to the future.
What is the Ride and Drive Roadshow?
The Ride and Drive Roadshow is your opportunity to join Smart Columbus in leading our community's shift to electric vehicles and other transportation alternatives. You'll be guided through an interactive experience about the Smart Columbus initiative and the benefits of electric vehicles. Most important, you'll have the opportunity to test drive one of the many electric vehicles on the market today.
About Smart Columbus
Smart Columbus is the smart city initiative for the Columbus Region. We have a vision that starts with the reinvention of mobility, which will lead us to a future beyond what anyone has yet imagined.
Smart Columbus is working to develop a more environmentally sustainable transportation system in Columbus, while modernizing the city's infrastructure. The initiative will pave the way to a future of shared, electric, connected and autonomous vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Options
Check out all the electric vehicles available to drive at the event here!
This is a single driver event that will allow you a one-on-one driving experience guided by your Smart Columbus Product Specialist during a 7 to 10-minute drive on a predetermined route. The whole experience should take approximately 30 minutes.
Your experience will start promptly. Please arrive 5 to 10-minutes prior to your designated time in order to ensure an easy check-in process.
Things to Bring
Please bring a valid driver’s license.
If you have any additional questions before you drive, please reach out to us at [email protected]
- You MUST have a valid driver’s license WITH YOU to drive.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to drive.
- Please bring your confirmation code with you to check-in
What to Expect
- Start your experience at Registration, located at Creekside Plaza, where you will check in with a Smart Columbus volunteer and be issued your personalized driver badge.
- You will be directed to Pre-Drive Education where an event staff member will guide you through a 5-minute session on Smart Columbus and the type of electric vehicles available.
- At the end of the short presentation, all drivers will be escorted to meet your Product Specialist outside and get ready to Drive.
- The Smart Columbus Product Specialist will show each group around their specific class of cars and demonstrate their unique features. Then it’s time to drive!
- You will engage in a 7 to 10-minute driving experience on a predetermined route.
- Each car will have a Right Seat Driver, who will accompany you on your drive in order to answer questions, help navigate the designated route and get you back safely.
- Once you arrive back, you will visit Post-Drive where you will complete a short driver survey and receive your free Smart Columbus swag bag!
- After completing your Post-Drive survey, you are free to visit the Non-Driving Experience and continue to learn about how Smart Columbus is transporting our city to the future!